Sofonie Dala describes her professional career and background relating to climate finance



Professional Career and Background Relating to Climate Finance

As the sole founder of Talentos Multiplus, my professional journey is deeply intertwined with climate finance and sustainable development. My entrepreneurial efforts have always aimed to drive positive environmental impact. For instance, I initiated the "Ladies Without Plastic" project, which earned me a $1,000 award in a competition. This project is dedicated to inspiring women and girls to stop using plastic and training communities and youth in sustainable practices, significantly contributing to reducing plastic pollution and fostering a culture of sustainability.

My background also includes a decade-long voluntary role as a Financial Director for a religious non-profit organization. In this capacity, I managed the organization's finances, ensuring resources were allocated efficiently to support people in need, including those in risk zones and areas affected by natural disasters. This experience honed my skills in financial management and underscored the importance of directing funds towards impactful and sustainable initiatives.

At Talentos Multiplus, I reinvest most of our earnings into climate activities conducted in rural communities. These activities are designed to address local environmental challenges, promote sustainable practices, and build resilience against climate impacts. My commitment to these initiatives reflects my deep understanding of the critical role that finance plays in driving climate action and fostering sustainable development. By leveraging financial resources strategically, I aim to create lasting positive change in the communities we serve.


Are you planning to go to COP29? If your answer is yes - How are you planning to secure funding and accreditation?


Yes, I am planning to attend COP29. To secure funding and accreditation, I have been actively applying for funding opportunities and consistently participating in competitions with the hope of earning financial support. Unfortunately, in my country, Angola, young people face significant barriers to accessing finance. Despite these challenges, I am determined to leverage every opportunity to obtain the necessary resources to participate in COP29 and contribute to the global dialogue on climate change and sustainability.


Popular Posts